VAA SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND MARITIME TRAINING CENTER INC. started its operation offering in-house training to different Top Shipping agencies
VAA was registered in the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a corporation
VAA was registered in the Securities and Exchange Commission as a corporation
VAA’s ISO accreditation was changed to Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI); ISO 9001:2000. Authorized to offer IMO Model Courses in accordance with the STCW’95 as revised in 1971.
VAA was accredited in the following maritime training courses:
VAA was awarded as “The Most Outstanding Ship Manning Provider” by the Philippine Quality Awards for Business Excellence.
PSMMA signed an agreement with Moreta Shipping, Roble Shipping and Trans-Asia Shipping Lines pertaining to supply of crew, cadets and trainees for the stewarding department.
VAA SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND MARITIME TRAINING CENTER, INC. published its first maritime books in leading bookstores 3 more books followed; Technical Report Writing in Maritime Business, Personality Development for Filipino Seafarers and Maritime English
VAA’s Quality Management System has been approved by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) to the following Quality Management System Standards:
VAA received its first accreditation in Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) – Crowd and Crisis Management for personnel serving on board domestic roro / passenger ships
VAA signed an agreement with Carlos A. Gothong Lines, Inc. to be its exclusive marketing and training arm and to manage their shipboard training program for their Four (4) Passenger Ships particularly in Food & Beverage, Stewarding, Deck and Engine Department.
VAA Maritime was changed to Philippine School for Maritime and Medical Access
PSMMA was accredited by TESDA in the following courses:
Start of OJT assistance in Boracay Hotels with 200 students assisted.
Started massive operation for increase enrollment on TESDA courses and strengthened assistance for OJT on ships and Boracay by including private and public high schools, College and Universities in it`s marketing program.
– Master in Business Administration – Lyceum of the Philippines, Intramuros, Manila
– Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of the East
– College Professor, University of the East, Alejandro Colleges
– Resource Speaker for Top Shipping Agencies such as Magsaysay Shipping, Veritas Maritime Corp., Stolt-Nielsen Phils., PTC, Unlad Shipping.
– Consultant – Norgas Fleet Management, Beijing China
1. Maritime English in Oral and Written Communication
2. Personality Development and Human Relations for Seafarers
3. Technical Report Writing in Maritime Business
• Licensed Master Mariner
• More than 29 years shipboard experience
• Has served different types of vessels -Cargo vessel/Bulk Carrier/Passenger ship
• Maritime Instructor for more than 4 years
• Maritime Head of PSMMA
• Has taken course on IMO Model Course 6.09
• Has taken course on IMO Model Course 3.12
• Awarded best captain in Euro carriers S.A. In 2002
• Has taken several types of training to qualify as top management officer deck officer
• Licensed Chief Engineer
• Has worked with different types of vessels- Cargo vessel/ bulk carrier/ Tanker ship/Ro-Ro ship/ Reefer ships
• Has more than 30 years shipboard experience
• Has worked as a crewing manager in Bright Maritime Corporation for 1 year
• Board of Director of PSMMA
• Has taken several types of training to Qualify as top management level engine officer.
• Has taken IMO Model Course 3.12
• Licensed Chief Mate
• Has served different types of vessels – Tanker/ VLCC/Passenger ship
• Has more than 20 years sea experience as Deck officer
• Has taken several types of training to qualify as deck officer
• Has worked with several top manning agencies as deck officer
• Has taken training on IMO Model Course 6.09
• Has been a maritime instructor in PSMMA for about 1 year
• Assist in the safety training of maritime Students
• Licensed Fourth Engineer
• Has taken training on Computer Servicing Under TESDA program
• Has been a maritime instructor for more than 3 years.
• Has been an instructor of a computer school.